This month the LDS church has organized some videos/ideas to help
motivate us to serve and love others each day till Christmas.
Perhaps this video
(Light the World) can make your day feel a little bit brighter. Even when I have had to
struggle on with my burden, I have always been given strength, hope, and
help from Christ, and others around me. Even though I've never
'deserved' it. Even when my own mistakes created the burden.
We watched the video and
talked as a family about what we could do this morning, and tonight. I appreciate the site giving more specific ideas of ways to help spread the light of hope.
I really admire RD's compassion for the one and desire to help. We frequently make sacks of food, hand/body warmers, and some references of community resources, and leave them in the car to hand out to those asking for help. Recently RD wanted to go out all as a family, so we loaded up and set off. We had 7 bags, and I doubted we'd see that many people. RD was confident, and we were able to give them all away, the kids taking turns and doing a great job.
I shouldn't have doubted.
If we're willing and looking, people are there.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment