Monday, September 26, 2016

15 years!

This year was our 15th wedding anniversary! It's has flown by, I can't believe we're that much older! We have wanted to go on a big trip for our 15th for years and years, but with this job RD can't take off vacation days whenever he wants. Our anniversary fell on a Thursday this year, with soccer practice for Reese. I love celebrating the day of, so we talked about different things we could do, and after talking about it we decided to to a few things on Saturday, but use his free birthday meal at a restaurant that night.
RD had mentioned he thought we should dress up for dinner, but the day was long and hard, and the restaurant didn't warrant dressing up, so I left the skirt behind. Running about 15 minutes late from soccer practice, RD got home rather late, and we rushed off, rather hangry, for dinner.
We got food quickly, and enjoyed our time together, but RD said he had a surprise. We drove towards our house, then past, and I didn't have a clue where we were going.
RD put on his blinker as we approached a building, and we were going to the Chillon! The place we went to our first dance together and started to fall in love, where we got our first song and the world disappeared around us, and where we had the best party the day we got married! What a sweetheart! He parked, and we walked around the garden in the back, reminiscing of our reception and wedding day, and walked around to the front. We took a few phone pictures,


 and RD suggested we go in and ask if we can take a few pictures. If you know me, you know I  resisted, until he said, "actually, I already arranged it"
"what?!"
"i already talked to them, I rented the building, so we can go in and dance!"
I was totally surprised, had no clue, felt excited and swoony at how romantic he is, embarrassed I was dressed down so much (I'm in flipflops people), and worried how much this cost (I know how much that reception cost).
It was perfect though. He told me the story of how he arranged it, he's such a romantic people usually enjoy helping him pull stuff off. We met the father of the owner, who set us up with the music, and left us to dance. RD had created a great mix of some of our favorite songs for some of our favorite dances. We did some west coast, swing, cha-cha, samba, waltz, foxtrot, and remembered how much we've forgotten. :)  One of my favorite moments was when we were dancing like no one could see us (cause they couldn't) to "sky full of stars" with the lights twinkling above us and RD and I laughing and loving being us. It was magical, and the best celebration for our anniversary. I really love that guy.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, that's awesome! I forgot that the dance was at the same place as your reception! Preference, right?

Rose Marie said...

He gets that "romantic side" from his father! He's a keeper! Glad you two had a great evening!