With all the stress I had missed several days of studying scriptures, which I know is the exact thing i need, but it still happens. I was exhausted, and what I could do wasn't enough. So that night I prayed and pleaded for the strength I need that I don't have. And I got it. isn't that so amazing :) !? The next day as I read scriptures, it was exactly what I needed to hear, and I was gently chastened for focusing on my troubles instead of on Christ. And that has made all the difference, as it does every time. Sure I still struggle, the kids still argue and get bored, but this week has been a lot better.
We've had our favorite Eliane's french pastries,
visited the Bean Life museum, and Provo Beach resort's indoor playground and arcade, and the BYU library, which has all been fun. The kids were so funny at the life museum, they kept saying "Mom, don't look over here!" "mom, don't look over there!", as there were scenes of predators capturing prey everywhere, like I wouldn't like it or couldn't handle it. Not sure what they think of me :)
They really enjoyed those though. Aubree's favorite were the huge giraffes and the zebra.
Cameron's favorites were the giant squid and hammerhead shark. Grace liked the baby muskox, and crocodile, while Reese liked the grizzly bear attacking a moose and lion attacking an impala.
| Run away!! |
RD and I can check books out from BYU's library, and they have a huge juvenile section. We needed more bags. We're excited about access to that. The books helped with keeping kids occupied for a day or two. While we were there we visited the 'minecraft deer',
| Too bright to look! |
the RB and cougar,
and Cosmo.
BYU's going to be great.
So we're still trying to figure out where to put the kids into school, house, loan, and all the associated inspection/insurance stress, finding out our security deposit was used up to fix up all the stuff wrong with the house we rented they wouldn't fix while we lived there, and being in a new place. But it's been ok, and I even had/have dinners planned for all week! That is way more pulled together than I usually am. And that is a blessing, a gift of God's love and atoning power.
3 comments:
Thanks for the note. I am sorry that we can't be more helpful, but we know you and RD can handle it if need be, as long as you know where to find strength. Thanks for sharing your feelings and this precious experience.
Congrats on the new job and move! There's so much to do in Utah--it will like being on vacation all the time:) (Since Utah=vacation for me...:)
Also, its much more likely I'll get a chance to see you now!
Thanks so much for sharing. Sorry it is hard, but as you relearned there is always someplace to go for strength and help even if family is not close to give that help. The Lord is always there.
Post a Comment