Sunday, February 21, 2016

Got a plan

Our move ended up being rather chaotic the last day or so. It always is, but we had some major complications and lots of help from friends. There was a lot of stress for us, and didn't have time or energy to worry about some stuff. So when I went to charge our almost drained camera, and couldn't find the charger, it was one of those 'who knows what happened to that' moments. I thought for sure I had packed it in a basket getting loaded into a car, but we haven't found it yet. Grace's birthday is coming up, so we're saving the battery till we can figure out a spare.
So we don't have any pictures of the kids first day of school in utah, tuesday of last week. The kids were brave and courageous, and it seemed to go ok, even with less-than-helpful peers assigned to give directions, lockers for all the kids (new for Grace and Cameron), and all the new-place jitters. AND the tons of homework Grace now gets every day. Life has developed a rythm, and that has helped a lot. We also finished negotiations on a house, and no longer get/have to wonder and decide on where we're going to live. Now we just have to wait (more than a month, groan) to close and really settle in, but I'm relieved to have a plan and some routine. Even with the homework, the kids seem happier too. 'Cept Aubree, who still misses her friends. She's started to call her toys Ellie or Beatrix , or pretend she's talking to them or Kira. Today she pleaded and begged to go to Ellie's house for a play date, and when I said Ellie was too far away she cried "please, us can drive super fast!" and "What about Beatrix house?"
It's kinda cute, and kinda heart-wrenching.

No comments: