Sunday, July 26, 2015

Long story short

Monday night to Tuesday morning was a big storm, and brought with it cool temps. It was in the 60's, so we mostly stayed out of the water. Geigers and Beans were goign bowling, so we tagged along. We paid for unlimited bowling, which was in hindsight way more than we needed, one game would've been fine. Aubree seemed to enjoy it the most of our kids. Cameron didn't want to do the second game, and Aubree lost her attention span by then, preferring to run around the bowling alley. Somehow bowling for another person made bowling funner, so Reese and Grace were happy to bowl for Bree and Cameron. Cameron eventually came back and played some more, and I played for RD. I was high-rolling it, with several gutter balls, and 7 being my turn high. and I was trying. but I think it at least helped the kids feel better :)

Then we were on our way to the a very anticipated event' lunch at the Little Caeasr's all-you-can-eat buffet. I don't know why, but they've been talking about needing to go there since last year. We were in the car and getting towards the highway with a wasp on my window, and we all kept watching the wasp, waiting for it to get off the window. We stopped several times, but it never would fly away, and then we were on the highway, and Sticky hunkered down and hung on!
None of us like wasps, but as we kept a running update on Sticky's condition and showed pics of it hanging on, legs at weird angels from the velocity, but then straightening out, we named it and grew to appreciate it's tenacity. When we finally arrrived, it was still hanging on!
The buffet was supposed to be 50 cents per year old for the kids, but they rounded up, and charged extra for dipping sauce for breadsticks. The kids enjoyed it, and said it should be a tradition, but RD and I aren't so sure. We had to do it at least once though!
Wendesday we went to Ludington State Park and walked around downtown.
The "core memory" from that day was trying out deep-fried-oreos. RD wanted to try them, and I gave him a hard time about how weird that sounded, but when he brought them over I didn't say no to a bite from Aubree's, and it was great. Most of us tried them. They were like a soft cookie middle in a crispy doughnut. yum.
We hung out on the beach, and RD went fishing quite a bit. Several of the kids got to reel in fish he hooked, and /or touch the bass and bluegill brought in.

Rachel came prepared with several fun activities, so everyone enjoyed her cookie decorating and fingerpainting.
Thursday morning RD ran the shooting range, while Dave put out the water trampoline. The kids all were able to hit at least one balloon on their own, even Grace! Grandma handed out prizes for participation and marksmenship. RD had put slips of paper in each balloon, with either a prize or a task written on it. As it happened, RD and I had to do jumping jacks, Cameron had to give hugs, Hannah had to run around the house, and Ava had to give high fives. They kids were really patient, and tooks turns for several hours, watching and cheering each other.
Friday we went to Michigan's Adventure, an amusement park and water park, which was a lot of fun. Aubree went on a few rides, but had to get home for a nap. I learned I don't have quite the same capacity for roller coaster I used to, the big swing was kind of surreal for me. The water park was the most popular spot. Grace wasn't quite tall enough for most of the rides, so we spent a lot of time in the wave pool. I think Grace would make a great surfer.


We were worn out from all fun when we finally got home Sunday, but it was a great time.

No comments: