I love having a birthday in June. There are so many outdoor activities to do to celebrate, it's not TOO hot out yet, but most especially for strawberries. Usually by June they are coming into season, and there are juicy, sweet strawberries on sale and at their fresh brilliance. When we lived in Utah, we had a very small strawberry patch, from which we gathered enough to count on two hands, but I can still remember the amazing morsel of deep red still warm from the sun on the vine. We were lucky enough to have a similar sized, but better yielding, patch in Sitka in our first house. But while we don't have any patch of heaven right now, RD made me a piece this week. Strawberry pie is my favorite way to have fresh strawberries, and he made one for the first time for my birthday.
It was simple strawberry perfection. He got it EXACTLY right. One perk of having picky kids is they didn't want any (and to be honest, I didn't encourage them to try it), so I got to eat 1/4 of it that night! And the rest over the next 2 days. I could have that for breakfast every day.
Sunday, June 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Me too!
Can we request an encore for Cousins Camp?
Post a Comment