Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Terrific Twos


Aubree is kind of catching up with her language. So she is starting to say some of the oh so typical 2-isms.
"I try!", always urgently said, means she wants to do it herself!
This morning before lunch she said "why?" about 20 times. For typical stuff, like why she can't have more juice, then why? when I tell her i'm her mom, why? she's my girl, why? cause I love her, why?
It's like the dawning of buried memories of toddlerhood that I escaped almost four years ago as Grace turned 3.
On a related note, Aubree can now open doors, granola bars, and the straw packet on juice boxes, and insert the straw, and climb the shelves in all our closets. We now have lots of chocolate chip stains on those darn light chairs, and lots of juice discussions. She prefers anyone else's chair to her own stainproof one, but most of all loves to stand at the table on 'her' stool. She carries that stool everywhere, and fiercely believes it is hers. She also wants to sit on the toilet, and throw down a whole roll of toilet paper by the fistful. each time. Since she can take her diaper off by herself, we've lost several rolls over the last couple days, and I've been doing a lot of unplugging. This could be encouraging, but in all the time she's begged to 'go potty' and sat for a loonnng time she's never done anything in the toilet, and never asks near when she uses her diaper. But I also prefer to wait until they are totally ready and have it quick and intense. and I'm not ready for that right now. cause you know, potty training is all about me ;P

1 comment:

Dad said...

I loved the why stage. It's the beginnings of those few years when they actually want to know what you think. Treasure them.