Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Starfall

RD really enjoys the starfall app, and will wake up or stay up at odd hours to see various heavenly phenomena. On one of our recent dates, he blew up the camping mattress, pulled out our awesome zip-together sleeping bags, heated up some apple cider and put  them all out in the backyard. We put most the kids to bed, and went outside to cuddle in the backyard under the stars. RD had planned it for a clear night, and it was perfect.
 
The cold air on our faces, cider in a thermos beside us, we gazed at the heavens, occasionally checking the starfall app to check on constellations and stars. RD pulled from his astronomy classes way back in the day to point stuff out to me, and we marveled at the creations of God. The peaceful night, the slight sound of the breeze, the magnificence of the company and view, it was a great date night. it should be an every-night.  I thought about "be still, and know that I am God" (psalms 46:10, D&C 101:16)

1 comment:

Dad said...

I also love the stars. I think it would be a different world (in a better way) if we all still slept under them on a regular basis. Kudos to the two of you!