Friday, October 31, 2014

Farmstead field trip

 Last week I got to go with Grace on her field trip to the Farmstead. She was pretty excited, and I was glad it wasn't raining like the day before. After arriving and getting a talk from one of the farmers, we got to go on a wagon ride and pick out a pumpkin. There were lots of parents, so I had just Grace and another girl. It still took FOREVER for both of them to pick out a pumpkin. I think they both had to look through at least half the field before they could settle on one.
 But they finally got the gourds and we were one of the last peeps on the wagon. Phew!
 We checked out the farm animals, but none of the animals were in a petting mood but the potbellied pig, which neither of the girls wanted to pet, even when I did. Grace said her favorites were the turkeys, which was a bit sad for her horse-lovin mom. but we could maybe one day have turkeys or chickens, so i guess that's better for her.
And her awesome teacher even managed a class picture. We also played on the playground and went on a ride in the barrel train, but Grace thought that was too kiddie, and wasn't a fan of it. We didn't even get a chance to jump on the 'pillow', there were 5 classes, and several other buses of preschools, so it just looked too crazy! It was a lot of energy to manage, and I am amazed at the teachers who could go back and handle such woundup but tired kids for the rest of the day, and do all the measuring/math they did that day! Elementary teachers are amazing

No comments: