Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Diorama

When school projects roll around I get suddenly tired. The day-to-day is enough to defeat me, so anything else just seems like too much. Thankfully, RD  Loves projects! oh, my, is he heaven-sent to me.
the iconic lamp post scene

see how it has 'handles' to open up! so cool.

Cameron has several book projects this year, and was working on his first. He had come up with the idea of using a discarded shoe box as a wardrobe for "The Lion, Withc, and the Wardrobe", but needed some motivation to write up the report. His handwriting could be a lot clearer, and he doens't so much like to write, so he jumped at the chance to write it up on the computer. typing it was cooler than writing it, and he pounded it out. We had to encourage him to manage his time well, and not leave it for the last two nights, but he was pretty amenable to my advice/nagging. RD gave him some direction on how to create what he wanted, and stayed beside him while Cameron did it, and I went to all the work of picking up some contact paper so it could be covered in something besides New Balance or soemthing. which makes me like second author, right?!
anyway, he finished, and presented it to his class a couple days ago. when I asked how it went, he said "good".
I need way more details than that, after all that went into this thing! :)

No comments: