Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Knight in shining armor

Awhile ago I went out and ran errands with Aubree. Amazingly, we did them all in record time, and she didn't throw too much of a fit. As in, she yelled sometimes and tried to run off, but I didn't have to carry her out kicking and screaming. It was pretty successful.
Then later in the day, I noticed this....

I was SO grateful it didn't happen until we were home! I have fortunately never been alone with a flat tire yet. knock on wood. I think Heavenly Father knows it is beyond me.
RD was my rescuer, and fixed my chariot, at least enough to take the spare in to get fixed. He is super hot when he is my rescuing knight. He had me watch and 'do' with him (which was pretty comical, I couldn't get those bolts to budge!), while the kids ran up and down the sidewalk, giggling. Even though the flat was inconvenient, it was a great moment. I'd been having a hard couple weeks, and it was so comforting to be protected and taken care of. I am so glad I'm married to him!
The kiddos thought it was SO fun to run up and down the sidewalk, mostly cause Aubree thought it was, and giggled and laughed and shrieked. It's hard to not catch the enthusiasm.

No comments: