Sunday, November 29, 2009

Grateful

Well, I won't list all my blessings, it would be tedious for you and more appropriate in my journal or something, but I have to share this precious tidbit from my life. I know I'll look back on these years, softening the daily frustrations and worries, and remembering these golden moments!

On wednesday, after putting the kids to bed, RD and I were in our room and discovered a note on RD's pillow. It said "I love mom and dad. have a good time. Frm Reese"!!!!

We aaahed for a minute, then went to his room to give him hugs and kisses and say thanks. He felt so much joy sharing his love with us that he went on to write two more notes for us that night,
"dad and mam you or the wos theat roke. I love you." (I dont' actually know what that says)
and
"Dad and mom your the won theat I love the mot. have a good tim" (dad and mom you're the one that I love the most)

After all these notes, I was up by his bed giving him a hug, and he said to me, 'I don't want you guys to get any more older"
I asked what he meant, and he said "I want to have no more birthdays, and you guys have no more birthdays. I just want to stay 6 forever, and you guys to stay your same old, so I can stay with you forever."
I know he'll grow up and want to move away, in fact I want him to keep growing and progressing, so he can be happy ( and to not always have to clean his underwear), but I am so thankful for those times that remind me to cherish the blessings I have now. Like a most wonderful 6 year old boy!

3 comments:

The Benfields said...

that is adorable! gillian tells us the same thing...about staying with us forever and not wanting to grow up. it is so sweet and reminds me that i must be doing a kinda good job as a parent if she wants to be with us this way forever :) so good job to you too!

Carrie said...

So sweet! What special moments.

Sherilyn said...

What a precious memory. :)