A couple weeks ago I took Renée outside to swing and play in the leaves, as we often did. She loved to sit there, manipulating and tearing the leaves, and only rarely trying to taste them. I sat down on the grass next to her, the sun shining on us over the golden birch tree. I talked to her as the dog wandered around, and I took a few pictures of her.
Later, she crawled over to me, snuggled onto my lap, and sat against me sucking her little thumb. The dog came over and lay down right against me, asking for some rubs. I sat there, petting the dog and holding my sweet baby, and I felt a consuming feeling of this moment, being present, and loving the peace and contentment of that sun-shining afternoon. I was caught off guard, and savoured the feeling.
After awhile I decided I should try to take a picture of the moment so I wouldn't forget it, since I already had the camera out. I leaned over to turn it on, and the dog got up, and Renée shifted to follow his lead, and so did the feeling. Those moments are always fleeting, but I guess therefore more precious. I still took a pic, but didn't remember the moment until I loaded the card onto the computer this week. I saw the pics, and suddenly remembered! How could I have forgotten?! I still have a lot of work to be more present and enjoy the good, bright and beautiful that surrounds me.
Sunday, November 11, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment