Sunday, September 30, 2018

Mover and shaker

Renée has decided to move! A couple weeks ago she started rocking back and forth on her hands and knees, and I was so surprised! She hadn't even tried sitting up, and was working on crawling! She figured out how to crawl her legs forward, but couldn't quite get her hands going, so she had an adorable inchworm crawl. She'd put her arms out in front, crawl forward till her arms were under her, flop down on her belly, then crawl up/forward, plop, and so on. It wasn't very fast, but she loved being able to explore and get anywhere. I didn't love her skipping the sitting and playing phase, and moving onto the getting into everything and finding everything the kids leave around. Shockingly, they do not pick up all their pencils, papers, shoes, socks, wrappers, books, etc I've warned them and warned them she'll get into their stuff, but so far I've saved her from it. I'm terrified they're going to drop a hearing aid battery, and she'll eat it. This week she's actually started working out moving her arms and legs together, and sitting up on her own briefly.

The dog is not a big fan or her new mobility, but she has been pretty reserved when it comes to approaching and touching him. One afternoon we were hanging out on the floor, Padfoot in his spot next to the sofa, and she came crawling up to him. He briefly raised his head in what looked like perhaps a hug/snuggle! I was shocked, and ran to get a picture, but then he got up and moved closer to me than her. I guess maybe there's some hope for him to not hate having a baby around.

We've given her a few tastes of food, but true to our kids tradition, she's not that impressed. She is eager to try drinking, squealing and waving her arms with excitement when she gets to stick her tongue in whatever drink and slobber into it. Like the rest of the kids, she has little interest in getting spoonfed, but does want to squish food in her hands and smear it around herself.
She's been making this adorable yet sad face when she's upset, blowing her lips, when she's upset about something (usually diaper changes) or annoyed I'm not the one holding her. She's very much a mama's girl, wanting me near even when she wants to explore. I can't get much done, but I sure love snuggling her.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Thank you. We sure miss being with you and your great family. We hope to see more of you after our mission ends.