When they were bored they had a couple quarters to play some games/get candy, and they mostly got along and played with each other when they weren't bowling. Aubree danced when she made great hits, and played with the air vent blowing her hair on the ball return.
The other kids bemoaned near misses, and occasionally were satisfied with great scores. We could use some practice noticing the good I guess, or at least not expecting a strike everytime.
I was impressed with how well they all did, but that's also coming from someone who's broken 100 once or twice in my life. Clearly my kids have more skills than I. Grace barely missed 100, Aubree had some spares and a strike, and the others all got well into the 100s. Cameron ended up pulling ahead, but you'd think by the boys reactions they lost miserably.
After we finished up the game, the kids wanted to play one more (no way, but a good sign). I dug a few more quarters from my bag, pried them apart from the melted Junior Mints, and they gathered around RD as he dominated Galaga. He got 4th place on the two quarters, and Reese played the extra game he won.
The whole evening had taken a lot longer than anticipated, so we ended up waiting in a huge line for Little Caesars instead of making the salad I had planned for dinner (which requires rice) so the kids had a pretty great night.
Maybe we'll try bowling again more than once every 5 years or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment