Halloween: the three younger kids went out trick-or-treating while Reese had a party with friends from his soccer team. I drove all the way to American Fork, and walked all the way to the back of the store twice! to get Cameron's costume. Which was monumental then. We carved pumpkins the night before, gorging on pumpkin cookies. Aubree and I froze waiting to see Grace at the school's costume parade, then could barely see her in the flash mob 'thriller' dance.
The kids came back with plenty of candy, but Aubree was getting tired, and the other two were still raring to go, so RD went back out with them for awhile.
While I stayed with the gaggle of teenage boys. I discovered my dislike of middle school-early high school boys was not just a teenage thing; they really are annoying. Even Reese got frustrated with most of them, at least when they're all in a group; I don't know how RD enjoys working with kids that age at church.
Thanksgiving: the Beans came down! The weather was a perfect low 60's and sunny, so we hung outside while the turkey cooked (faster than we realized). The little kids loved shredding the seed pods from the trees, and L finally got his hands on the dog. We ate great food, played some games, and hung out. Hooray!
No comments:
Post a Comment