The other day Grace was asking us how old we are (again), and when we told her she replied with surprise, "wow, you guys are old!"
"Thanks a lot, Grace," RD responded, with the appropriate sarcasm.
Grace noticed it, and tried to make it better by saying,
"well, at least you'll get to heaven soon!"
!!
I'm glad at least that some small acts have helped her have such a great perspective on our lives here and after.
She's also the one that lately has come to us in tears, wishing no one will get older, Reese won't grow up and leave, and things will stay the same, and sad she knows they will. Maybe she's sad RD and I will die soon too, since we're so old :P. I sure feel her wish and sadness too, but I'm also excited to see the great people they'll grow up to be. Actually, I'm mostly just trying to keep up day to day with them!
No comments:
Post a Comment