February zoomed by. Reese's district science fair competition was cool, there were some interesting projects, but the judges seemed very partial to earth science.
| heart flakes on love day! |
It was a pretty great day for the kids, and RD and I avoided the bedtime drama after too much candy by going to the movie. Best idea yet! RD and I went to the Sweetheart Swing on campus the weekend before (love living by BYU), and it was so fun, though a little weird to be back doing the same things we used to.

We also had a week or two of awesome weather, including some 60 degree days! Sweet! Backyard playdates hunting for treasure and picnics, bring them on! Totally made us want spring.
| found the treasure! |
Futsal started up, so one saturday we all went to Reese's game up in Lehi, then took the (some whiny, some excited) kids to Cabela's to check out the animals and fish and get some ammo, and were done just in time to hit Sonic's happy hour for slushes.
The sun was shining, warm enough to have windows open, kids finally all happy and chatting; it felt great to be out with everyone even if it was only in the car :)
President's Day we had a backyard cookout, but it had just rained, so the fire was super smoky, and it was kind of a bummer of a cookout. I think we spent more time avoiding the fire than sitting around it.
Then we got a foot of snow in our yard, and Bree and Grace got sick. Bree stayed home sick for a whole WEEK, which meant I stayed home all week with a sickie wanting constant interaction. it was rough, and by the last couple days we maybe watched a couple shows together to pass time.
But it's March soon! I'm ready for spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment