I came across a quote from Pres. Gordon Hinckley in my reading that I really liked. He is a great example of optimism, and so encouraging!
"Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine"
Those are three things I can have joy in no matter what's going on. I've been trying to memorize it this week, and I've noticed more shining moments of joy. Of course, remembering to take vitamin D and the 60 degree weather for a couple days didn't hurt 😊
Today I rejoiced when Bree proudly showed me how she cleaned up the toys she'd played with this morning, chatting with all the boys at breakfast, Reese saying RD and I were half-perfect (cause we then made the perfect him), Grace expressing her desire to prepare to be a mom, Reese being kind to Bree during church and making her a snack, Cameron asking if I wanted the last few pieces of bread when he wanted it, Grace talking about and trying to understand a scripture story, Bree and Grace's sweet hug to each other, Bree waking me up to ask how many more days till Valentine's day (she's been doing a countdown for the last four days she's so excited), RD running the dishwasher, Grace showing me her paper box of treasured photos (Papa with flat Grace, first day of first grade, her and her 2nd grade teacher, etc.), the clouds settling against the mountain as they brought fresh snow, the reminder at church of the many times trusting God has proven His love and guiding care to me. It's easy to miss, but when I look for it, I find beauty and goodness and hope every day in this world, my family, and my relationship with God.
Sunday, February 12, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment