We didn't take any pictures of New Years :(
But we didn't do a whole lot this year. We splurged on a little king crab, artisan bread, sparkling prickly pear lemonade, an asian slaw salad, and brie. The bread wasn't quite done in time, so while it finished up we ate our crab, yum. Eating the bread and cheese later ran into our dessert, so we had it out as we ate our crepes with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and a spiced balsamic cherry topping I made from our last jar of home-canned cherries. It was staring me in the face when inspiration struck, and I shrieked, "RD! brie and cherries!"
I startled everyone, but it really was important. I immediately spread the brie on the bread and topped it off with the cherries... it was perfect.
Since there was no firework show to stay up for, most the kids went to bed, and Reese got to stay up with us to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. It was actually a pretty depressing way to start the year, that movie ends in a bleak spot. That will NOT be a tradition.
But maybe the cherries will be; we finished off the brie the next day (and it was costco size). Thankfully Bree loves brie, eating it plain by the slice, so we don't gain too much. Monday I finished off the cherries mixed with leftover cream cheese frosting like a dip with graham crackers, the easiest cheesecake.
The best cherry toppping ; the topping is the important part of the recipe.
Sunday, January 8, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment