We stayed at the lakehouse for an extra week after everyone else headed home, something the kids have asked over and over for, and we could finally do it this year! We had some rainy days, but a couple of those evenings dried up enough for a campfire, one day for roasting hot dogs and smores, and just smores the other night. RD brought out his ukulele, so we sang songs and burned/roasted marshmallows, played in the sand, caught and released frogs, and watched the sunset light up the clouds. "These are the nights that never die" (in the words of one of Reese's favorite songs).
sneaking mallows...
Grace had three frogs in the bucket at one time, but persuaded Bree to eventually release them all.
These kids are getting pretty good at roasting marshmallows... I think I actually dropped the most mallows into the fire after accidentally hitting them into burning/ashy logs. Aubree would eat them raw while RD made her smores, then she'd eat the gooey stuff out and hand the graham pieces to me..of course, since my purpose is to be the family garbage can.
After many tries and exhortations to kids to stay still, I finally got a panorama with them all, but cut off RD's head. I still love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment