Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Picnic party

Aubree was looking forward to her birthday for a LONG time, asking who's birthday was next, how old she'd be, and wanting to plan it. Which makes it kinda sad how unprepared we were, but sometimes that's how it rolls.
Aubree kept asking if her friends from Boise (she'd name them all off) could come, saying they can just get in the car and drive a while. It kinda broke my heart a bit, cause she's really missed her friends, and has had a hard time here. She kept asking for them to come, so I knew we had to have a party with friends. We managed to organize a picnic party with a couple neighbor friends and her cousin, which she was excited about. She loves fancy Nancy books, and we had read a book about a tea party she had, and that's what Aubree wanted. So we did a low-key party, with a sandbox, balls, bubbles, and of course the picnic. She was really hard to get ideas from, since she change her mind so much, but we know she loves blueberries and strawberries, so we had those with some sandwiches.

She wanted a castle cake, with a flag, and I started on it way too late. as in that morning, for an 11am party. I was going to do it the day before, but we spent that day shopping for presents and running errands etc. (this summer has been way busier than I thought it'd be). So I was desperately trying to figure out how to quickly make a somewhat castle cake.. and worried because Aubree's very honest about what she thinks. Fortunately she didn't think too badly of the cake, and was happy to blow it out and eat the frosting, though I missed most of the party trying to get it done. Once again, RD to the rescue. And Reese and Cameron for getting the food ready.
She wore her birthday crown all day long! She loved opening her presents, with all the enthusiasm of a four year old, with hugs for all of us!
candy!!
 her favorite was play-doh and glitter glue, of course. Then the Elsa doll. We had pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream for dinner. I can remember the party we had for Grace when she was four, and it is still so crazy to me that Aubree's the same age. I"m so glad we got to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Great pictures -- sorry we couldn't be there. You are an awesome Mom!