!!!!
well, at least it's a day she's excited about. She kept calling it Easter Egg Day. sigh. I guess we get to improve on teaching our kids about only the most essential and hopeful day of all time. I would've felt better if she was the only one with that response.
Anyway, we hung out and played games, and enjoyed some brief sunnier weather playing lawn darts (with a round bottom vs the 70's killer version) and bocce, which was a lot of fun. We're going to love our new backyard, after we pick up the dog poo and clean the junk up.
Aubree spent all day eating candy, and ended up with a tummy ache I'd warned her about. Really, anytime you saw her she was eating a hi-chew. (She didn't learn her lesson, as she woke up early the next morning to climb the pantry shelves to eat candy.)
We watched a video about Christ's Resurrection, and Aubree at least understood it was about Jesus. That day is what makes all the other days worth it. I love this song we were given on a cd when we moved, and the kids are singing at church; the most important thing I know is Jesus lives and loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment