This has been probably the nicest spring weather of my life that I can remember. All of March has been in the 60's, or 70's even! I'm waiting for that one last snow, but it's been AWESOME.
But one thing I'm really struggling with is the driving. Guys, I hate driving around. If it's not 5-10 min away, I avoid it till it's grouped with something else. Boise was great, we were on the edge of town, the freeway was right by us, wasn't crowded, and could get me most places in 10-15 min, and I adjusted to driving around from Sitka in probably 6 or so months.
I am so hoping that happens here. It is SO crowded, and some drivers are totally reckless, doing anything to get one car ahead. It totally stresses me out. I've never honked my horn before, but I've done it twice now! To save myself!
Anyway, combine that with having to drive kids to and from school down in Springville and Mapleton, three times a day on Aubree's preschool days, and I drive over 50 miles a day. And then there's driving to soccer. I feel lame for having it be hard for me, but it is. I have to psych myself up to go out sometimes. So when Aubree begs to go to the park, I persuade her to wait till we drop Reese off at soccer and go to a school playground nearby. I feel so guilty wasting this gorgeous weather and saying no to the park, but we do spend almost 2 hours at the park on Tues/Thursday.
And while I'm sharing my foolish hangups, the park is rather stressful too. So I have mentioned I'm not a risk-taker, and it's hard to not let that stop my kids. Aubree loves to climb, and is good at it, so at the park I'm beside her as she climbs up ropes and bars at and above my head level, reassuring her she can do it by herself and cheering for her, even while I'm anxious and stressed she's going to fall. And she has a couple times, but she hasn't gotten really hurt, and after a little encouragement goes right back, with a better understanding of what is safe to do.
And Grace has no fear.
These kids are so good for me.
Saturday, March 19, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is this the same person, who as a 10 year old girl would climb into the corral or stable, command/pull 500 pound horses around, then climb on them and jump and canter gloriously around the countryside? I don't remember too many fears on your part back then.
Now, when it comes to Utah drivers, that is a feeling I can completely understand.....
Post a Comment