It was about a month or more ago, but one Saturday morning we spent raking up leaves while Reese was at some scouts activity. And needles from the pine tree that sheds all year round.
Grace was so excited to make a leaf pile, and is a great helper getting it made. She's pretty particular about the pile she jumps into as well, raking it and pushing it together to be as high as possible before each jump.
Grace's enthusiasm convinced Aubree to try it Her first try was a cautious walk into the pile, but then she got into it and did running jumps into the leaves, eyes closed tight. It was cute. Afterwards she'd carefully brush all the leaves and mess off, then run back in to do it all again. They did it over and over and over while RD raked up the needles, which are aptly named.
I was really pretty sad the boys didn't play in them this year; I remember Cameron playing in the leaves with Grace last year, their shrieks and giggles and games. Is he getting too old? it is crazy how suddenly something so full of glee and childhood can be gone. I didn't know or would have guessed that last year was the last time I'd see him crashing into the leaf pile. To be honest I'm hoping he was just cold or busy that morning, and it'll happen again next year, but Reese hasn't done it for awhile. When did that even happen?! I wish there was some clue when it's the last time for something, so I could notice and remember. But I guess that's why I'm trying to capture and record these everyday moments.
I guess at least the older three still play football together in the house. not sure when they'll grow out of that, or if I'll be that sad, but maybe it'll surprise me.
Thursday, December 3, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment