Sunday, November 1, 2015

This is halloween, this is halloween...

This was a super fun Halloween. Aubree was anticipating and excited for it, there was no arguing or whining about costumes, and the night was mostly balmy and still.
Aubree was a princess for her Joy School party, and a ladybug for a halloween safety fair, but was a dragon for Halloween night. Grace was a ninja, Cameron a BYU football player, and Reese was Clint Dempsey. We tried to convince them to be a bit more creative or invovled, but they were ok with their costumes. Since no one was wearing the Hogwarts robe, RD had to use it and I wore an awesome purple cape!


We first stopped by the Steadmans, where Sis. Steadman so convincingly dressed and acted as a witch Aubree refused to go up. There were several scary houses Aubree and Cameron refused to go to. A couple of them were pretty disturbing even to us, and Cameron said 'how is that even ok ".
Aubree was so excited, she ran most of the time, and the rest of the kids had to keep up with her. She was SO cute, as she ran her dragon wings would flap, and she'd look like she was flying!

 I wish I had a picture of it, but I hope I'll always have the one in my head. I was concerned about her being warm enough, but it was such a nice night, Aubree told me several times, "I sweaty". .. she was running most the time.  Reese went off to a friend's party after a bit. If there was a spooky house, Grace would charge right ahead, no worries or concerns, even with the scary sounds. Every house the kids would loudly say "trick-or-treat" and "thank you!" and maybe also 'happy halloween' (since we promised to be done if we couldnt' hear them). Cameron was so good at waiting for and watching out for Aubree. Then they'd run back to us, and Aubree would exclaim, just as loud, "Mommy, I say thank you and happy halloween!". Can I just bottle this night?!
A couple times Aubree had to stop and show us how much candy she had, she was just so excited. She wanted to keep trick-or-treating even when the other kids were getting done, but we could tell she was drooping when she'd run for a few steps, then stop and kneel, but she kept going. She even carried her bag the whole time till the last 2 houses. We went to about 75 houses, so the kids had plenty of candy. And since Aubree was so adorable, people would give her two pieces after giving the rest of the kids one: she ended up getting 102 pieces of candy, compared to the 68 pieces Cameron had. 
So she had get through more candy, and was ok with that job. She'd unwrap a bunch of candy, take a bite or two out of it, and move on to the next one.
So she was up really late, and woke up begging "Mom, I want candy", 'but I want candy!".
That is Halloween...
Starting negotiations


No comments: