Thursday, October 29, 2015

Channels in my head....

Sometimes I really wish I had my mp3 player always with me to record conversations I have with my kids. Usually I don't realize how funny they will be till we're halfway through them, but the other day I was driving with Grace, and I knew it'd be good.
Even as she spoke I tried to memorize it, but writing it down a day later has its challenges:



Grace was talking about why she gets distracted so easily,
Grace: cause you know I have different channels in my head, like Dolphin Tale and Dolphin Tale 2, and general conference, that woman who was told 'stop complaining!" and she was so surprised because she didn't think she complained.

me: (oh, this is so good, where's my recorder!?) How many channels do you  have?

Grace; well, let me check , (sound effects)click, click, 19!

me: Wow, what's playing on them?

Grace: well, like i close my eyes and I can watch them, like in a movie theater. Like the one where the dragon turns into a prince, Despicable me 2 and the first, Hello Kitty, and what Ms.McCLintock said today, well, something, and also Dora the Explorer, and Flight of the Navigator, Jesus videos, and church videos.

me; when do you watch them?

Grace: anytime I'm bored. Sometimes I delete the boring things, I just x it out. i just say click, it starts, and click and it stops.

me: how many times a day do you watch them?

Grace: probably like twice, and I also got Just Dance 2 in my head.
i have sorta like a life in my head, i have someone controlling the keys, like myself, I'll go check how many videos I have right now, 34.

Me: whats your favorite one to watch?

Grace: horse videos are my favorite.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Interesting -- I was telling Denise the other day that I think we all have a movie going on in our heads that we use to explain our lives to ourselves. Each of us, of course, is the hero in our personal movies! Grace evidently is blessed with more movies (and therefore more possibilities) than some of us older folks.