Sunday, October 4, 2015

Obligatory

I think it's my obligation as a woman to share dry shampoo with other women.
Dry shampoo!
Have you tried it?

I have a childhood memory of dancing around in my family room, probably around 7 years old, singing and twirling and swishing my hair around, pretending I was Aurora in Sleeping Beauty, with long luscious curls and a beautiful voice. The voice is never gonna come, but in preparation for our anniversary photos I finally learned to curl my  hair!  34 years, you'd think I'd have figured it out by now. Special events were either my sister doing my hair, or a ponytail. Kinda lame. But maskcara.com hair tutorials and DIY dry shampoo have changed my hair's life. Now I love having longish hair, and have discovered the annoying things about having hair down half the time; it gets in my food, in the sink brushing teeth, its HOT, it gets pulled accidentally by others, and I get tickled all the time by shedding hairs. It's the first time I've had longer hair since I've known RD, or probably since I was in high school.
that's me in 9th grade. yeah, i was a late bloomer. I think my hair was about that long for a year before I chopped it off for years and years.
Now I can do my hair and have it last four days.


Seriously, dry shampoo. Cornstarch and cocoa powder if you want quick and easy. I wish someone had told me years ago. Now I need to figure out how to do my hair more than 1 way....thank you internet tutorials.
RD sends his thanks too.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I'm totally going to try this! I did no poo for a while I liked some things about it but not everything. Hopefully my hair can look as nice as yours!