For the last few Mother's Day, I've asked the kids to get a picture with me, since it's harder for them to refuse that request on that particular day. This year we didn't get to it until after church, which was after 2pm, when the kids are hungry and tired. They had swept into the house, and the kids were already in the process of getting into pajamas (which for almost all of them happens everyday as soon as they get home ), as I finally walked in and started to unstrap my sandals. RD asked if I still wanted a picture, which I did, so he told them to put on their nice clothes again, and herded them outside. Aubree insisted on hanging onto her baby and blanket, but eventually relinquished them, as sitting on the tree stump was pretty exciting.
 |
| C'mon guys, pretend you're happy ! |
Cameron was really annoyed about having to change back into church
clothes, and wanted to wear his red pajama shorts with his church shirt.
I love that he's got only the top, middle, and bottom button actually
buttoned, and you can see Grace's capris on under her dress. And Aubree doesn't have shoes on. But they
did all put on a happy face, at least for most of the pictures.
Later, the boys showed their love by tickling and scratching me. Thanks, guys.
Grace had been SO excited for Mother's Day, and made me lots and lots of cards, a sign, butterflies, notes, and was so excited for it, she was actually rather keyed up and on edge. Poor RD. I guess there has to be opposition in Everything, because after her numerous declarations of me being the best mom on Sunday, on Monday morning I became a mean mom that didn't care about her because I never do the laundry, making her look ridiculous in the three outfits I presented as options left of her clean clothes, forcing her to look like a boy, even though I told her they looked great, were girl clothes, I had similar clothes, and they were hand-me-downs from a girl friend.
At least I still have an overflowing pile of cards that say she loves me!
No comments:
Post a Comment