Thursday, April 30, 2015

Just another day

 Saturday was a busy day of soccer, chores, and errands. The kids also got some electronic time. Cameron has played Minecraft at a friends house many times, and always comes home full of minecraft tales. Cameron will usually stand, punctuating his tales with sound effects and gestures, while Reese sits on the couch, smiling and engrossed in what Cameron is saying. It's remarkable, I should have taken a pic of it by now. Anyway, Cameron finally decided to buy an ipad version of minecraft a week ago, and both boys were eager to play it when they had time to. They've talked about it enough, RD was interested and ended up getting on and exploring it too, while they all gathered to watch and give directions.
 Aubree was happier to hang onto me, and photobomb. Then unwrap and drag a roll of wrapping paper from my closet into the living room. It was so wrinkled I just let her play with it. She was walking and jumping on it, and I mentioned it was like an indoor slip-n-slide, so Grace joined her and they ran around sliding into it and falling. Grace then had the idea to make 'sliding shoes', sliding around the room.
RD was cleaning up the paper later, and accidentally threw away her 'shoes' too, which was apparently devastating. I rescued some paper from the trash, not too crumpled and still clean, but she still yelled 'why are you ruining my life right now?" amidst tears.
I noticed and was glad she had actually limited the scope of her review of our parenting; usually we are always ruining her life forever.


No comments: