Monday, February 2, 2015

Trouble

 those bright blues!
yes, she may seem mild mannered and sweet. she can pull off adorable and precocious like the best of them. But really, she has a more sinister side as well, She is also a book killer!
She has loved having books in her crib, and it all came to no harm, till one day I came in to a story compilation with a 1/4 of the pages ripped right out! I was shocked! She said 'sorry mommy, sorry mommy' even before she saw my shock, and a new rule of no books in bed was instituted.
unfortunately, she can reach into the bookcase from her crib, as we found out the next day as various other books were ripped apart, pages and cover shredded. why didn't she ruin the annoying MaxxTraxx book instead of "Sophie gets angry"?
Doesn't she realize how special books are!?
She still loves to have me read to her, and now her bed is moved just out of reach of the books. She has developed a habit now of saying "cheese?" to me, asking for me to take her picture. I love to do that, so I eagerly grab the camera and get ready to capture some cuteness. She may, for a moment, stand looking at me, mischevious eyes glinting,
then run across the room, back and forth, eluding all attempts to actually take a picture. Then, when I get frustrated and tell her I'm all done, she says 'no mommy, cheese!". Attempting to convince myself she'll be different this time, I once again get set, and she once again prances around my hope, trampling it like the clutter on the floor she runs over.
i really hope this is not all foreshadowing.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Think of it is ingenuity in problem solving -- her problem is she wants all your attention and you have other things to do (I guess that's your problem too, huh?). She is learning that she can act as well as be acted upon -- a good thing, just needs a little positive guidance. You'll be sad when these days are finally gone.