This past weekend Reese turned 12! it is crazy to think he has lived 2/3 of his home life with us already. in 6 years he'll be 18 and off to new adventures. while sometimes i miss the little 5 year old that loved preschool and Ms.Becky, and would sing nursery rhymes and songs to me, get excited over blowing bubbles, and cuddle while I rubbed his thick straight hair back, it is exciting to watch him grow up.
We were all pumped about him turning 12, when he gets the opportunity to receive ordination to a priesthood office, to participate in serving others to receive ordinances that bring them closer to Jesus Christ. It is pretty awesome to have the authority of God on earth and in the hands of a 12 year old!
 |
|

 |
|
We had a sweeping illness in our home the week or so before his birthday, so some grandparents didn't make it, and others minimized exposure. I was sick with a fever all week, and Reese had one for several days, and Cameron, Reese and I were all sick all week. We had intentions of a "12 days of priesthood" for Reese, but it got lost in the survival mode we were in. We had to postpone his party, and he got a store-cake and ready-prepared food for his birthday dinner. I didn't even make it to church except for the 10 minutes for him to be ordained by his Dad and Gramp. For all the hype, it was a bit anti-climatic for me, but Reese seemed happy and excited still. he's pretty cool and laid-back like that.
And RD took the camera while Reese was opening our gift, and took these
i love them.
And I love that young man. I am so glad I get to be his mom! he sure is amazing.
1 comment:
So sorry we couldn't be there for this wonderful day! What a great young man you and RD are raising Reese to be! We look forward to seeing you all in a few months.
Post a Comment