Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter Concert

Reese had his grade's winter concert this last week. Bree and I got there at 9:45, running in to get away from the crazy winds, that canceled recesses for the day! We found a seat, and settled in. Aubree was happy to sit in my lap and snuggle.  First, 5th grade orchestra, then 5th grade band. Aubree is getting wiggly. Then 6th grade orchestra. 6th grade band. Now we'd been there about an hour, and Bree was done. Of course that is also when the choir finally stood up to perform. I pulled out the camera to record "the whole thing" as Reese requested (since i had not even brought a camera and regretted it to his last performance as a swingin' Elvis), and Bree started climbing on and off my lap, pulling on my arms, bumping my elbows, etc. I was super zoomed in to get a glimpse o him, so even my breathing would shake it a little, let alone Bree's antics. But he did great, besides looking like he was annoyed whenever I tried to take a pic.
He came over afterwards, and said thanks for coming, and was very understanding about Bree. Made it worth it.


As we were heading out, just as we turned the corner of the building there was a particularly strong wind gust, and Aubree was pushed backwards! There was part of me that thought it was hilarious she was being pushed around by the wind (she's so tiny!) and I tried to get a quick video of it, but then she was whimpering, and the wind was blowing fine sand in our eyes, so I picked her up and tucked her in while I ran for the car.

Then it died down a bit, and Bree wanted to walk, and we ran, yelling 'whee' as the wind whipped around us. It was pretty exhilarating.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Thanks for sharing these snapshots with us. We wish we could be there for more of them.