Thursday, December 11, 2014

The rest of Thanksgiving

I am so slow to catchup, I know! But I have to write it all down or I'll forget by the time I get to scrapbooking the pics (which will be 2 years from now, if I stay consistent)
We went to dinner with some friends from WAY back for RD; Brian and RD were high school friends. Seeing Brian and his wife Kelli was super fun, it was easy and funny and real. pretty much all you can want in friends. We talked kids/work/school/houses/dentists/diabetes/dream crushing aka reality checks. Now when I read "The Mitten" by Jan Brett to Bree I wonder if that is a cobb house :)  We could have hung out a lot longer, but the staff seemed annoyed we occupied the table for so long, and grandparents were watching our kids, so we had to say see ya later.
 But we had lots of fun over the week, Reese and I played several foosball games, and I actually beat him several times! wohooo! i rarely win against him these days, so that was nice. He was a good sport, but wanted rematches, and ended up beating me, so we were both happy. We'd all team up against RD, and he'd cream us. RD and his dad played a round too, but I don't know who won.

Aubree was worried and scared about the two dogs there, so most of the time I spent holding her, but sometimes I had to escape to the basement where the dogs wouldn't go, and she would get down. My back was SORE  by the end of the trip, she's no infant! Outside the boys loved playing football and soccer, but Grace was tempted away by all the beautiful rocks in the front landscaping. Aubree had to join in of course.

There were lollipops and candy apples, Gramp's awesome waffles, games, movies, hanging out, deep frying the turkey, pie with every meal, sharing the citrus love. I think I'm going to try lime curd Dad, with key lime juice I found at WinCo! The guys went shooting one of the mornings, and Mom showed us her quilt squares, Wow! she is good.


I guess I'm glad I didn't use the whipped cream, sure looks like it went in Seth's mouth!


Coming back home was not fun. Bree wanted me to hold her all the time, since it is now apparently the status quo, and did NOT want to sit the the car anymore. We had borrowed some audio books from a friend in Boise, which rocked and made such a difference, but it ran out with several hours still to go till SLC. We had wanted to visit Temple Square with all the lights, so we drove past Juliana's house, but not only was it Thanksgiving weekend at Temple Square, but there was also a game downtown, so traffic was insane, bumper to bumper, not moving hardly. After an hour of trying to get several miles, and looking for a parking spot, we gave up, driving by the square twice in our hour of driving, and telling the kids that was us looking at the lights.
We finally made it to the Bean's house, worse for wear, but they graciously let us crash. Church with them, then off on our last leg home. Home. Unpacking/laundry and cleaning out the car, fun memories and crazy adventures.
 If only Bree didn't think I should hold her all the time still.

No comments: