Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Game

Two years ago we were moving from an island on the ocean in Alaska to Boise with a not-yet-two-month-old, and RD was bummed we missed the BYU-BSU football game by a week. I could not believe he could even think about it with everything going on, but I know I'll never get why he cares about BYU football as much as he does, cause I sure don't.
So to placate his disappointment, and cause I knew he would love to be there, I reassured him he could go in two years. That was this year, and when he told me how much the tickets were if he bought them from BYU, I have to admit I balked. But then he looked into buying them from BSU, and they were SO much cheaper, it was easy to say of course

RD put his name in a drawing at the pre-game party, and got picked to go in the money chute! He got the most of anyone that night, he is awesome!
The Smurf Turf in person!
The kids were fairly excited to go, though they were all disapointed they lost their awesome QB for the season, and Reese was pretty pessimistic about their chances for this game. I think he's been let down too many times, he no longer gets his hopes up too much.
But they came home talkative and happy, so even thoughthe game was a bust, they had a good time together. Grace and I had our own party, which she was super excited about, which Bree of course tagged along with. A super fun party for Grace is watching a movie (Turbo) with popcorn. I love that she is easy to please!

No comments: