Thursday, November 6, 2014

Leaves are falling on my nose, on my head and hands and toes

We are surrounded by beautiful fall colors! We only have a few trees, but our neighbors have lots of trees that share their leaves with us. Grace likes to be a helper, and so she likes to go out and rake leaves.
She takes this pretty seriously, getting upset if anyone 'messes' up her piles, but is also very good at directing Aubree in what she wants done. One afternoon that was moving leaves from one pile to another,


October was a gloriously mild and brilliant month of weather. I have loved it, and will miss it. Fall is my favorite! the color, the crisp air, the harvest of produce, the anticipation of holidays to come, perfect weather. A few times all four kids were all outside at the same time playing!! I didn't know what to do with myself! it was really weird, yet totally awesome. it didn't last too long, those moments, but I enjoyed the chance to try to catch a few shots. Aubree has the habit now of grinning a huge 'cheese' whenever she sees the camera, so I have to be sneakier. though that grin is so adorable!