Several days ago I was in the kitchen with Cameron. We were just chatting, when Cameron said "I think you should have another baby"
Intrigued, thinking maybe he just loves having siblings, or misses the non-whiny baby Aubree used to be, I asked him how come?
"cause if we have another baby we'll HAVE to get a bigger house"
oh Cameron. You make me laugh.
I think part of his very great desire for a bigger house is to not share a room, which has been more important lately as Reese is getting up at 6:30 or earlier every morning. I don't know if you've lived with a hard-of-hearing kid, but the alarm has to be super loud to get him up. Which of course wakes everyone else but Grace up. Hence Cameron's desire for his own room, even though he is an early riser.
We even have an alarm clock that shakes the bed to wake the deaf, but it has to be compatible with the fire alarms to set the clock, and of course our rental has the old kind of alarms.
So now we are waking him up, which still wakes Cameron, but at least isn't as traumatizing as a blaring alarm for him.
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's awesome. My girls hate sharing a room, but it's mostly because they hate sharing. We should get an alarm click like that for Rachel--she is do hard to wake up!
Its tough being the younger brother -- I know! Hang in there Cameron. I hear he is getting his tonsils out -- is that right?
Post a Comment