Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Road trip

We've been here two years almost, and all we've seen of Idaho is McCall, so we wanted to take a couple days to visit somewhere! We decided to make a visit to Yellowstone. Cameron did some research on it for his writing for the week, and we were all excited to go. I don't know about you, but it is stressful getting ready. I was so glad we weren't camping, cause then there's even more stuff to pack. first doing laundry to get clean clothes, and trying to use up perishables, or freezing them, buying and packing snacks, cleaning up the house and kitchen, doing dishes, while trying to keep four hyped up kids from fighting all the time cause they're so on edge. The relief from finally being on the road is tempered by being on the road.
I am not a good traveler.
But we all did ok the first day. It was so pretty driving up around Idaho Falls and on, and as we got closer to the park, it reminded us of our beloved Rocky Mountain National Park. yeah for national parks!
Then I remembered how crazy it is being in a hotel room with these four. All they want to do is jump around, when all RD and I want to do is crash. Aubree had a particularly hard time.
But then we got to see Yellowstone!
 That is a sucker Aubree is holding, sucking on, and frequently putting into RD's hair. And yes, she kept right on sucking on it.
At Mammoth Hot Springs
We only had a few days, so we didn't spend much time at any one place, but we got to see all the spots we really wanted to visit. And it is one awesome place!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I love Yellowstone. I have a lot of family memories from when I was a boy and I am glad that we had the opportunity to go there as a family as well. I hope everyone has some stories to share when you make it to Michigan.