Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer!

Summer break is here!!!
Yesterday was the last day of school. Surprising to me, all three kids were lamenting the lack of school. They have all loved their teachers! Those are pretty amazing teachers to have kids want to stay in school. I am excited for lazy mornings, spontaneous trips to the library, and playing in the yard. I am not excited to hear the bored word. Maybe this summer I'll actually get around to keeping some sort of organized reading/writing/math work. we'll see. For now, we celebrated the beginning of summer with a little dance party (cameron is usually the dj)

and had  sundaes and banana splits

Here's hoping for a rockin' summer.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Thanks for the word pictures and real pictures. I love reading about your family -- I look for posts every day. We'ere at the lakehouse getting ready for all of you. Hope it si a great summer!

Debbie said...

Thanks Dad, I'm so happy you think I cAn write "word pictures"! And I think I'm glad other people read it besides Reese: sometimes I don't know if I want to give everyone a glimpse into my head.