So sometimes I can be down about not scoring a craigslist table, or freak out when I hit terrible traffic on my way to running multiple errands with Aubree in a short time allotment. (which 'terrible traffic' in my view is waiting for 10 min for construction at a light, finally turning around and leaving for a longer detour, and seeing the traffic start moving in my rear-view mirror. i realize that shouldn't freak me out). I get so frustrated with myself. But I also jump up and down with a kid when they did something they are proud of. Or tell RD the meal he made was awesome so many times he doubts my sincerity. And get totally excited over finding some dishes that I wanted on clearance!
I laugh at myself about this, that it was so meaningful to me, but I love having a Heavenly Father that loves me in my imperfection, and lets me see His intervention in my life. We got these dishes around Thanksgiving that I love. Our old ones were looking like they had mold on the bottom, they were
heavy earthenware, and got hot in the microwave. When we finally
decided to replace them, I saw these and loved them, but they were too pricey. Then we figured out a gift card deal and coupon from my mom and got them! And I love these dishes. I think I may be too materialistic about these dishes. They are pretty, lightweight, don't get hot in the microwave, and haven't broken even after having been dropped a couple times. I sometimes still remark to RD that food just looks and tastes better on them. Anyway, we go through dishes enough that sometimes we run out during a day, and I kind of wanted some more, but without our great deal it was too pricey. But then a couple weeks ago when I was returning an item to Ross's, I saw the perfect size set, and it was on Clearance! And while it may seem corny, I knew it was a little miracle sent for me. I was so excited, I think I may have annoyed RD with talking about it so much that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment