Sunday, June 1, 2014

Class of 20 something

 Thursday was Grace's Kindergarten Promotion. Since her school is so far away, I haven't been to her class hardly, so I totally had to come to her program! She has been nervous about singing in front of everybody, praying the night before and morning of that she'd be ok. Ms. Joy told her to dress nice, so she carefully decided to wear her 'music' shirt  and her favorite white and pink shorts. And of course a ponytail.  The three kindergarten classes sang their songs, which were fun, cute, and one that had a bunch of moms around me wiping eyes with tissues. I think I was a bit too distracted by this girl to get too emotional about Grace moving onto 1st grade....


 We didn't get home from Grace's program till 12:30, and Aubree still needed lunch, so she didn't get down for a nap until 1. Cameron also had a performance that day; his class was doing their Environmental Play,  at 2:15. Which meant I had to wake Aubree up an hour into her nap. Poor girl had been sick for a week, but was getting better with an anti-biotic for her major ear infection. Talking to her, rubbing her back and her hair, just got a few flutters of her eyes, so I had to pick her up to wake her. She wasn't too grumpy at first. During his play she was pretty good except for when Cameron was up and talking. At that point she had to complain about her sandals being on, and cry until she got them off, refusing my help.  Cameron was great! He has been singing his songs the last few days, some of them very loud after bedtime :) He was a bit disappointed with his part(fish #1), but had a great attitude about it. When it was over Aubree apparently just couldn't deal with life anymore with an interrupted nap, as she just started screaming. and thrashing in my arms as I tried to soothe her. Cameron managed to calm her for a few minutes with some cheetos and a cookie from their party. We had to hang around 10 minutes until school ended for Reese, but as her screams reverberated around the classrooms and hall, we took off for the van. I'd think a screaming kid wouldn't be so odd to a schoolyard of parents, but we turned a lot of heads as we walked across the school lot to the community center parking lot next by.

He's so cool!
At least I probably made a lot of people feel good about themselves. We got the kids into the van, loaded their bikes, and I notice Reese doesn't have his glasses on. He got upset as he told me they just fell apart. i believe him. they've withstood a lot of abuse.
The evening was saved by putting Aubree down for the rest of her nap,  a few minutes to email RD, then on to cub scouts, pick up Grace,  make dinner, RD's home, and  all is well. We end up hanging outside, Aubree touching the huge peonies out front, going on a short stroll, as Reese listens to a talk by Elder Holland on RD's mp3 player, and Cameron and Grace rides bikes with a neighbor boy.
What a day!


2 comments:

beccabo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beccabo said...

Boy does this sound like a day outta my life just a few years ago!! I wish I could say it gets easier, but it at least stays as wonderful and the babies even stop screaming in halls. I laughed when I read your comment about other parents feeling better about themselves! I have thought that, but in reality when I see another parent struggle I usually feel sympathy not judgement. Love you to death!!! Happy birthday!!!!