Friday, May 23, 2014
Grandmothers
Around Mother's Day, we got to see Mama Carol, (RD's grandma), who came out to visit Nana, her mother, who lives here in Boise! I had not seen her since we moved from Ft. Collins almost five years ago, so it was great to see her! We also got to see Nana of course, and Aunt Pat, Carol's sister, who comes out a couple times a year or more. We went to dinner with them to Red Robin, which was fun.
The kids actually ate their meals (mostly), Aubree didn't dump her cup out on herself completely, and we left before any major meltdowns! We kept our server busy, I think Cameron had four refills of his apple juice alone. Reese kept interjecting with comments on the draft pick that was going on TV at the time. And we even got to talk a bit! Reese said the family prayer that night, and in it he included, "thanks for laughing and sharing stories with our relatives". Mama Carol also came to see Cameron and Grace play soccer the next day, hiking around the soccer fields with us, which was so cool of her, with the cold and wind. She is a great cheerleader! Even though I sometimes miss Sitka's community and wildness, I am so glad we are closer to, and see more often, our extended family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment