The morning began with trying desperately to keep the kids from making too much noise while let Debbie sleep in. She was awakened by homemade cinnamon rolls that I thought were pretty dang good!
I took the kids to their last day of British soccer camp (AKA pay money to have guys with accents watch your children and not teach them a whole lot of anything). We'll talk more on that in a different post. Anyway, Debbie joined us later because we were told that parents were required to be there this morning... but apparently not. So we used up our potential hiking time that we wanted to do for her B-day for the morning soccer camp. We then went out and had a campfire at the beach for lunch. It was a great time! Hot dogs and smores never taste better than when cooking them over an open flame. The kids were occupied with exploring while Debbie was actually able to relax and sleep cozily next to the fire... sweet!
We then packed up, got everybody home and Debbie relaxed some more while the kids played. We then had Coconut Shrimp for dinner, which is one of her favorites and they turned out pretty well! Then we had the cake which was store-bought cheesecake with homemade cherry topping. Yum.
As we were putting the kids down, I and her friends had organized, unbeknown to Debbie, that she be kidnapped and taken for a girls night out party! She had tons of fun with her good friends by going out for appetizers and then off to a friends house for Strawberry Shortcake!
The next day, I organized a fishing trip with a friend of mine in the Coast Guard to take Debbie and I out King Salmon fishing. We trolled for about 2.5 hours and Debbie was able to haul in her first King Salmon!!! I was so impressed with her.
Next,
She fought that fish for a good 5-10 minutes and finally landed it! She made me so proud!
I think that overall she had a good time saying hello to her 30s. I'm so blessed have her as my wife! She is such an amazing mother. We look forward to her next 30 years!
5 comments:
That fish is as big as you!!! I am so glad you had a good birthday. I remember you having anxiety about turning thirty back in May! 30 looks great on you;)
Yeah! Happy Birthday! It sounds like it WAS a great way to say Hello to 30's. Congrats on the fish too. It's a beaut!
Happy birthday! I always think of you this time of year (thanks to nearly sharing birthdays)...at least I'll have good company as I enter my 30's!
Happy Birthday again, Debbie! We think you are so awesome! We're happy to have you join us in the 30s, as bad as they may be. And RD, you are a good example of how to treat your wife (or at least you are good at making yourself sound like a good example - but I know you well enough to say it is definitely true).
Wow, that is an impressive fish!! Good job Debbie :)
Post a Comment