I really Love Christmas. I love the tree, goodies, and extra time with my family, but I especially Love the feeling of joy the season brings. I think it is so joyful because we remind ourselves of it so often. We listen to Christmas carols/music all year round, because they remind of the gratitude and joy we have for the gift of the Son of God, but we listen to them much more around Christmas! There is a special feeling for me with carols, a rejoicing and celebration of God's love for us, and the hope we have through Jesus Christ. Celebrating Christmas in December has seemed to me a wonderful way to bring some joy and comfort into a somewhat bleak time of year.
But during the last week I've begun to have a hard time with the dark here.... I am tired, don't feel like doing anything, but am bored and listless. I told RD it'd be better to have Christmas in the spring or summer, so I'd have the energy to get stuff done for Christmas (baking all those Christmas goodies is NOT bringing me joy right now, talk about exhausting just to think about).
He reminded me that Christmas in December is just like life; we especially need the Light of Christ in our lives when it is dark and depressing, when we are having a hard time.
He's right, but I still think I'd be more crafty/cooking/anything in the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment