Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Boinga!

We checked out a CD of the Backyardigan songs, which the kids love. At least, some of them. They keep asking for a specific song, but don't know the title, so I have to try to relate what they're describing to the song, and then to remember which one that is! Very annoying considering I'm counting down till the CD is due back! Grace has started singing along, and one in particular. "Boinga" is a song about visiting Mars and how they use 'boinga' to talk about everything, and then ends with a very long, very high-pitched solo ''aah'' (I'm sure there's some musical term for it, but i have no idea, anyone know what I'm talking a bout?)

Guess which part Grace sings along to?

It might get returned before the 12 more days are up.

2 comments:

S B H said...

Oh my, that is fabulous! Logan is currently enjoying some Backyardigans. The songs not only get stuck in his head, but mine as well! His favorite one is the pirate one. Logan goes around for hours singing, "If you wanna be a pirate say ARRRR!" or "What do you do with a scurvy pirate, make him walk the plane!" No, the song doesn't say plane, but I can't get him to say plank. I've described it to him a hundred times, but I suppose it doesn't really matter :)

Robyn said...

My kids are totally hooked on Backyardigans...in fact, they're watching it on Netflix Instant as we speak. ...