Sunday, August 22, 2010

Year Mark


We arrived in Sitka a year ago yesterday! It has been a year full of new adventures! I"m not sure if it seems long or short that we have been here... it feels like forever since I've been warm consistently:) New experiences have made it go by quickly, but missing of family/temple/seasons/activities/resources makes it feel longer. I wonder how this next year will go; will the lost novelty make it harder, or will we be more used to life here and appreciate it better? Either way, we are trying to enjoy the adventure of our everyday.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Wow, I've been away from teh computer for a while so I'm just going to comment on the last few posts. I hope this year is better for you guys. I too do not like the lack of seasons here in the bay (even though it's not as cold as it is up there). I miss the smell of autumn and walking through crunchy snow. So I feel a little empathy for that and hope that it does get easier instead of harder. I love that you took the kids fishing. I just went fly fishing for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I loved it even though I didn't catch anything. Your kids look so cute and grown up! Love you guys.