Friday, August 27, 2010

Mixed Emotions


We have run a gauntlet of emotions today!! Cameron had his first day of kindergarten, and was so excited and ready to get on the bus and go to school!! He was up and dressed before 6:30, and was carrying his backpack around for about 1/2 hour before he had to go. Grace and I weren't so ready to have him gone; Grace snuggled into Reese and cried for 10 min. after Cameron left, pulling Reese's hand so he could rub her leg to reassure her, until Reese had to leave for school.(she's wearing a little bear backpack, it looks weird in the pic, sorry)I fet a bit in denial that Cameron was really gone to school, and will be there from now on... he has monday off as they split the class in two groups for a smaller first day, so I still get him Monday. But waiting to pick him up, Grace and I spotted him, she cried out "Cameron!" several times and waved enthusiastically until he came over, and the reality of it choked me up. We miss our Cameron.
Then this afternoon Reese lost a front tooth! He was so happy about it! Just before they headed off to a father/son campout. Which they are excited about; Reese was commenting Cameron had the best first day of school, cause he also got to go camping on his first day! Luckily it's not raining tonight (yet) so hope it's a good one!

4 comments:

Hawke said...

It is hard to send them off to school. Clairen is dying to go. I am excited for her to go too :). She will love it. Does Cameron go all day??

Robyn said...

I'm so excited for Nathan to start Kindergarten--but we still have a week and a half! Honestly, though, I'm mostly excited for Aaron to have uninterrupted nap time!

Debbie said...

Cameron has extended day, it's the only option:) So he goes from 8 till 1:30, then out 1/2 hour early on fridays. Which is a difficult time, since we share a car (usually i get mornings, pick RD up and he gets it afternoons) and Grace usually naps around 1. It will be an adventure figuring it out!

Maria said...

I love your family. It's so cute that Reese is comforting her by rubbing her leg, it seems such a grown up thing to do.