Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer!!!! ... for a couple days

Yesterday was sunny, calm, and 75 degrees!!!! Heat wave for here!! Everybody flocked to the beach, swimming in the ocean etc!!! The weather was Amazing!!! And I had a cold, and slept most of the morning, and could only manage to sit out on the beach later in the evening for a hot dog and smore roast. But it was still an awesome day. Wow.

I am so grateful we had at least one perfect day of summer weather. I know it's so much hotter etc etc, but this was just incredible. It brought back many fond memories of warm evenings of barbecues, fun, and frolic. This captures a bit of the feeling for me, maybe because it is my memory of what summer should be...
Though I hate the hot dog days of july/august, it does seem weird to not have so many seasons; a chance to differentiate, to do certain things, and then move on to something else. But i bet I'll be missing these warmer/less rainy days when the " "rainy season " " of sept/oct come. maybe it's sad just cause i don't enjoy the seasons here as much.. (rainy & cold, less rainy & less cold :p)

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Glad that you had a nice, warm day to enjoy! :) I love reading your posts - thanks for sharing.

The Dillons said...

Ahh..I love reading your blog, but it sure makes me miss Sitka! I like all the pictures, and that weather sounds great to me! When I got there last year, it was a sunny week. Everyone kept telling me to enjoy it while I can. I thought it was cold. Then the rain came and I hoped for sun :)