Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heroes and Heroines

For FHE this week we talked about heroes, and as part of it we tell each other about how we've seen each other be heroes during the day. It's been a lot of fun, but it also reminds me of dance shows. As part of our costumes we wear B.C.'s (Bottom Covers) which are little red "stretchy pants" worn over tights and under slips. Every week when I get dressed for shows, I feel like Wonder Woman, pulling on those bright red briefs over my very tan tights. Unfortunately I'm more in the category of "El Skeleto" and "Nacho" than Wonder Woman, but it still gives me a giggle every week. ! Too bad they don't impart some superpowers, or even some extra 'health' or 'life' points or something. But there sure is something special about seeing my three gorgeous kids waving and clapping at me from the audience; even though Reese will tell me what he saw go wrong afterwards:)

Here's a vid of one of my favorites, Zhok!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

We love reading your blog and seeing what you are up to! We're so glad you were able to have some of your family their to visit. We're jealous! We also wish we could send you up some of our heat. Have a great weekend!

Hawke said...

Good job on your dance!! I am so impressed. Funny that Reese points out mistakes, at least that means he is watching close. I have never known the name of B.C.'s before. I would laugh and feel like Nacho if I put them on. I used to love Wonder Woman when I was little.