Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Birthday Adventure

For my birthday RD and I woke up at 3:40 am to bike out to Medevejie with the friend who went with RD on memorial day. It was already light, and the bike ride was beautiful. Tide was high, and we didn't even see any big ones, but we did catch a lot of little "King Salmon". After a brief rain, we had great weather, and it was so cool to be on the docks, watching bald eagles occasionally swoop down fishing, and fight over catches and trees. On our bike ride back we passed some fresh bear scat that wasn't there before, which made RD and I more grateful we had three people and a dog together. It was a great morning, but the day was a little long. I was so glad to get a nap! RD also made an awesome chocolate cheesecake, which was amazingly yum!

2 comments:

Sherilyn said...

Looks like a good time! Glad that bears didn't get you. :) And glad that you got a nap also. :)

Carrie said...

Yeah! Happy Birthday